Hair Loss Treatment
Normal Hair Growth
Shedding of 50 to 100 hairs is a completely normal process. When a hair is shed, it gets replaced by a new hair from the follicle which is just below the surface. Hair is formed from a protein, which is of the same type found in fingernails and toenails. It is imperative for everyone to eat an adequate amount of proteins in order to maintain normal hair production. Egg, meat, nuts, chicken, dried beans and grains are all rich source of proteins. Scalp treatment in Delhi is offered to boost the hair growth, make hair shiny and also adds volume.
What are the causes of hair loss?
There are many reasons that can cause scalp hair loss, and they do differ in men and women. Studies show that losing up to 100-150 hairs per day is normal. The hairs that are shed are often in resting or late phase in the hair cycle. Normally, 10% of our hair is in the resting place. These hairs are not growing and are getting prepared for cyclic shedding.
How is hair loss classified?
There are many ways to classify hair loss. One useful way to classify hair loss is by whether the loss is on small area and patchy or whether it affects large areas or whole scalp. Scarring versus non scarring hair loss are other medical classifications. Some are mentioned below:
Patchy hair loss
Some conditions produce small areas of hair loss, while others affect large areas of the scalp. Common causes of patchy hair loss are
- Alopecia areata (small circular or coin size patches of scalp baldness that usually
grow back within months),
Common causes of hair loss include:
- Thyroid disease
- Improper hair cosmetic use/improper hair care
- Cancer treatment drugs
- High fever, severe infection, severe influenza
- Inadequate protein in diet
What treatment is there for hair loss in men?
These days there are very few scientifically proven and FDA-approved treatments for hair loss. To confuse patients, market offer unproven claims and products to help with hair re-growth. Many shampoos, vitamins and conditioners also claim to help hair grow in some indefinite way. To slow down the hair fall problem, there are at least four effective options. These are Minoxidil, Propecia, and Avodart which are maintenance-type medications and are for long-term use. Plus, stopping the medication will not worsen the situation than earlier it was prior to the statement. Laser hair removal in Delhi has experienced a major leap in popularity due to the advancement in technology.
What specific treatments are there for hair loss in women?
There are many female hair treatments present that include minoxidil (Rogaine), hair transplants, and hair powder fibers like Toppik, wigs, hair extensions, and weaves.
- Minoxidil is available in 2%, 4%, and 5% concentrations. Minoxidil grows very small hair wherever it is applied and it is important to know to avoid running the liquid onto the face or neck where it can also grow hair.
- Propecia is a drug that is approved by the FDA for men to help hair loss. After extensive safety testing on women, it was found to be safe in postmenopausal women. For pregnant mothers, it is not the right drug to be used. It is not constantly effective; it might be a good option for postmenopausal women or women who are not pregnant or considering pregnancy in treatment of women’s hair loss.
- Surgical procedures like hair transplants or hair restorations can be useful for some women as well as men to “fill in” thinned-out areas.