PRP Hair Treatment | PRP Therapy/Treatment for Hair Loss
The Best PRP Hair Treatment in Delhi or PRP Therapy/Treatment for Hair Loss in Delhi by Dr. Rohit Batra
An Introduction to Platelet Rich Plasma
Modernized lifestyle certainly has its advantages, however with modernization and advancement we have also become a victim to some other kinds of problems; one of them being hair loss. A decade ago, hair loss would concern people from their mid-30s. In present age, loss of excessive hair is of utmost distress among a major class of people including teens, youth, working professionals and of course the older citizens. In big cities, increasing levels of pollution, urbanisation and industrial activities are not even sparing the teens from severe hair fall. Therefore, from 16 to 60, hair loss is a major problem that demands an immediate and scientific solution. If we look back to primitive hair loss treatments, it imbibed lot of pain and discomfort for its patients. Such treatments also involved a complicated procedure and were too strenuous for both the medical professionals and the candidates. With time, things have gradually evolved and today what we have is a revolutionised. This magic is nothing but the idea of platelet rich plasma therapy (PRP). Although PRP mechanism has been in the medical profession however it’s a new term in hair loss treatment. In order to understand what PRP is, we must first get some idea about platelets and plasma. Our blood contains platelets in large number. The platelets are small, colourless and fragmented cellular structures that help in blood clotting. It has a shape like that of a disc and does not contain any nucleus. Plasma is the non-cellular and liquid part of blood that contains all the coagulation elements, that is water, fibrinogen and electrolytes. In PRP therapy, the platelets are concentrated at one place and plasma is produced from the patient’s blood. This plasma, when injected into the affected areas of the scalp, stimulates cell multiplication and promotes faster healing. It is a flexible and innovative process resulting in quicker re-growth of hair and development of thick hair.
Procedure for making the Platelet Rich Plasma
At first, doctors take a little amount of blood from the patient’s body and collect it in a tube. Then, they place the blood tube in a machine known as centrifuge. The centrifuge spins the blood tube and segregates the red blood cells from plasma. The plasma so obtained is then used for the treatment.
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Step 1: The doctor identifies the core areas of the scalp that needs to be treated. Based on the area of affected portion, they arrange the required amount of plasma. Step 2: They collect the residual and platelet-rich plasma and inject it into the targeted areas with a specialised thin needle. Besides the plasma, they also insert certain growth proteins that stimulate the hair follicles and accelerate hair re-growth.
Ideal hair loss conditions which can be best treated with Platelet Rich Plasma
PRP therapy for hair loss works for all. However, it works best for the following situations:
- When people are in their early stage of hair loss, that is, when thinning has just started without its reciprocal hair growth.
- When people have active hair follicles however they aren’t producing the required amount of hair from such follicles.
- When quality of normal hair growth has weakened over time.
- When loss of hair is a natural event
Since loss of hair is also connected to the quality of health and hygiene, hence people must ensure that they are not subject to any ailments or regular medications which can cause hair loss. It is because when hair loss is a direct cause of any such abnormality within the body, methods like PRP won’t yield any result. In such cases, candidates must consult the respective doctor to revive their lost hair. Hence, before dropping in for PRP treatment, patients must make sure that they are fit and healthy.
Advantages of Platelet Rich Plasma for controlling Hair Loss
Well, there are many benefits to talk about and these are:
- Firstly, it is a non-surgical and non-invasive procedure. This means that people don’t have to go through any pain or agony during the treatment. Professionals take extreme care during the procedure and ensure that patients don’t feel any discomfort in the course of the therapy.
- Secondly, it’s extremely simple and flexible. As it uses the blood of the candidate, it minimises risks and hence there’s hardly any complications.
- Thirdly, Recovery period is way quicker. Unlike traditional procedures, people can treat hair loss and return back to normalcy at the earliest. It’s an outdoor procedure hence no question of overnight stay.
- Further to these advantages, PRP therapy helps to restore lost confidence. With faster healing and more re-growth in a short while, people get boosted up, become more hopeful and positive in life and develop a better personality.
Ways by which Platelet Rich Plasma Blood helps in re-growing hair
Besides helping in blood clot, plasma in blood works well in:
- Fostering hair growth, thanks to the innumerable proteins contained in it. All such proteins serve as excellent growth factors for hair
- Platelets when injected into the scalp, stimulates the follicles and results in re-growth of hair in higher amount.
- It also heals internal injuries, if any, that might prevent hair growth. Platelets possess healing power and can therefore cure affected follicles and boost the growth of scalp hair.
Expenditure and Tenure of Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Expense of PRP treatment is according to the number of required sessions. On an average, it is 7000/- to 10,000/- each session for treatments done in normal infrastructure. Units which perform treatments based on Harvest SmartPrep system, charges a little more around 20,000/- to 30,000/- a session. However, considering the effectiveness especially that of the latter, it is value-for-money. The amount of time taken for treatment again depends on the amount of scalp area to be treated. Usually, it does not take more than an hour for multiple injections in one single session. However, the time may vary from patient to patient.
Safety and Effectiveness of Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
At the end, it’s all about the safety and effectiveness. Of all hair loss treatments, PRP is largely preferred for its reliability and flexibility. It is 100% genuine and certified by doctors especially dermatologists. Its authenticity and uniqueness always gets proved by its patients. Further, the process consumes less amount of time and does not involve mandatory rest after treatment. Hence, patients can resume their work and normal life in a hassle-free manner. Above all, it is innovative, flexible and cost-efficient.