The treatment for acne is individualized and depends on varied factors:
- The extent of lesions and the symptoms
- Occupational exposure to chemicals/oils; use of heavy cosmetics
- The psychological effects on the patient because of acne
- The scarring and dark spots it is likely to leave
- Any underlying hormonal imbalance (PCOD, Cushing’s disease)
- If patient is taking any other medication
Acne scars can be treated as per the nature of scars and the type of skin. Skin laser treatment in Delhi for acne is offered through various methods such as:
- Facial peels
- Laser resurfacing
- Dermal fillers
- Acne treatment
Laser hair removal is one of the long-lasting methods and usually requires 3-4 treatment sessions, but it can’t be used for everyone. In this procedure, the laser beam or a light pulse works to destroy the hair bulb itself. There are two primary hair removal methods of electrolysis such as:
- Galvanic - It chemically destroys hair follicle. It is an old method but requires several treatments.
- Thermolytic -This method uses heat to destroy the hair follicle.
You may require few sessions, but laser hair removal treatment can be used on many parts of the body where unwanted hair may appear. It works best on light skin and dark coarse hair, and is not as effective on white, brown and very thin black hair.
Skin irritation and redness are the most common side effects of hair removal. Shaving can cause cuts and lead to ingrown hair. Laser hair removal can also cause burns and color changes in the skin. Hair regrows rapidly with these methods and in course of time growth may become thicker. Electrolysis hurts and some people also get thick scars, which may also change the color of the skin around where the hair was removed.
Ageing is a natural process that can’t be prevented. As we age, the elastic fibers in the dermis break down and are lost causing loose, wrinkled, and sagging skin. While we can’t reverse any possible reason of wrinkles, there are few steps that can be taken to slow the ageing process. Dermatologists in Delhi have vast experience in treating patients with fine lines & wrinkles and thus leave no stone unturned in offering them the best services.
Keep the following things in mind:
- Protection from sun: This is very important as the UV rays of the sun add to photo-aging. Use of sunscreens & covering the skin is essential.
- Lifestyle changes: This includes a well-balanced diet with plenty of water, fiber, salads & fruits. Regular exercise, meditation, yoga and stress reduction are also necessary.
- Daily skin care – skin care is vital and should includes mild cleansing of the face daily, application of a moisturizer, and daily sunscreen use.
- Avoid using cosmetics - Facials, bleach and regular use of cosmetics are detrimental for skin and at times patients may are also sensitive to reaction to these.
Non-surgical facelift or Dermalift is often known as a wonder treatment that can help you look younger & feel great. This procedure utilizes radiofrequency waves to generate deep heat within the skin, tighten the collagen in the skin and also stimulate new collagen formation. This results in a firm and tighter skin, decreased pore size with mild skin whitening effect, too. Generally, 3-5 sessions are required to build high-quality of collagen.
Advantages of non surgical facelift:
- It is a totally non-invasive and effective treatment for mild to moderate wrinkles, loose and sagging skin.
- Safe, painless & relaxing procedure with no social downtime at all.
- It brings an instant glow to a dull lifeless skin and therefore, a large number of our patients get it done before important events.
Dermal fillers are made up of collagen and can be used in varied indications to provide wonderful results. They are also called “liquid facelifts” as they offer many benefits of a surgical facelift without much time. These soft tissue fillers can add more volume and offer instant results at a much lower cost. This treatment is not permanent and however, must be repeated and maintained. Lips, cheeks, mouth corners, nose, chin, wrinkles, brows are some of the common areas for treatment with dermal fillers.
Botox is basically a non-surgical treatment for frown lines and is the purified form of Botulinum Toxin Type A (BTA). It blocks the nerve impulses to muscles and sweat glands with the release of a key chemical, acetylcholine and helps in smoothing out the facial wrinkles in the forehead and the eye area. It can also be used to treat excessive sweating in armpits, palms & soles, and involves a little injection into the affected areas. Skin clinics in Delhi offer this comparatively painless treatment with no downtime at affordable rates.
Chemical peel is a body treatment that is done to enhance and smooth the texture of the facial skin by using a chemical solution that causes dead skin to eventually peel off. The regenerated skin is generally smoother and less wrinkled than the earlier skin. In this technique, one or more chemical agents are applied to the skin for a short time and then washed off.
Chemical peels are performed on the face, neck, or hands. They can be used to:
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Improve the appearance of mild scarring
- Treat certain types of acne
- Improve the look and feel of skin that is dull in texture and color
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills (melasma)
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging, and family history
Most common causes of dark circles:
- Allergies and Eczema
- Old Age causing sagging & wrinkling of skin under eyes
- Lack of sleep or excessive tiredness
- Exposure to Sun
- Any kind of stress, physical or mental
- An unbalanced diet or lack of a nutritious diet
Treatment options for Dark Circles available at our institute:
- Laser Photofacial
- Non ablative radiofrequency or Non surgical Face lift
- Glycolic acid peel
- Treatment of Underlying medical cause ; a patient must consult a dermatologist for complete checkup
- Skin lightening creams & eye lifting creams
- Surgical treatment i.e. blepharoplasty & Autologous fat transplant
When body produces too much melanin, it causes the skin to become darker. Causes are as follows:
- Sun exposure
- Internal disorders
- Hormonal imbalance
- Medicinal drugs
- Genetic inheritance
- Allergy to Cosmetics & toiletries
- Nutritional deficiency
Treatments of pigmentation include:
- Sun protection & demelanizing creams
- Nutritional supplements
- Chemical peels, Microdermabrasion & laser treatments
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease wherein the skin loses a brown color pigment which results in irregular white patches that feel similar to the normal skin. No age is immune to vitiligo. The white patches are signs of the condition and can occur anywhere on the skin – hands, arms, lips and face. However, every patch on the body can’t be vitiligo as there are many conditions that can cause white spots on skin apart from vitiligo.
Early treatment options include the following:
- Phototherapy – It’s a medical procedure in which the skin is cautiously exposed to ultraviolet light. Phototherapy may be given alone, or after you take a drug that makes your skin sensitive to light.
- Medicines are also applied to the skin, such as:
- Corticosteroid creams or ointments
- Topical drugs such as methoxsalen (Oxsoralen)
- Immunosuppressant creams or ointments, such as pimecrolimus (Elidel) and tacrolimus (Protopic)
Skin may be moved from normally pigmented areas and placed where loss of pigment is seen. However, there are also cover-up makeup’s or skin dyes available that can mask vitiligo. In rare cases where almost the full body is affected by the condition, the last resort is depigmentation of the remaining skin that still has pigment.
Treatment depends upon the type, cause & severity of disease:
- Finding the cause & avoiding the triggering factors
- Medicines for local application, oral anti-allergic, phototherapy, steroids & steroid sparing agents
- Regular moisturization of the skin
- Counseling regarding the nature of the disease
- Avoid scratching, bathing in hot water & synthetic clothing