Posted by admin
| Jan 15, 2018 |
Cosmetic Surgery is a life-changing and confidence gaining procedure. In today’s world of fast growing technology where everyone wants to enhance his/her beauty through artificial methods, various forms of cosmetic surgery are increasingly becoming popular and people are going for it now more than ever.
However, utmost pre and post- surgery care needs to be taken by the patient to ensure best surgery results. Although, your doctor will provide you a detailed set of instructions for both pre and post-surgery care, we are providing you with the list of do’s and don’ts to prepare you beforehand for your surgery.
Pre Surgery Care
A procedure as complicated as cosmetic surgery demands the patient to adjust his/her daily routine as per the pre-surgery care guidelines. Here are the list of pre-surgery care tips:
- Smoking is complete NO-NO at least a month before the surgery.
- If you are taking medicines containing blood-thinners, ibuprofen, aspirin, Vitamin E and all Herbal Supplements, discontinue them two weeks prior to your surgery.
- Make sure you drink plenty of water and eat a well-balanced diet both before and after surgery.
- Alcohol is a complete NO.
- Let your Doctor know in advance if you have a history of nausea so that he can prescribe you medications at home.
- DON’T EAT anything 8 hours prior to your surgery and have liquids like Juice, water, etc. not later than 4 hours before your surgery.
- DON’T BE ALONE. You will experience mood swings, fatigue, dizziness for a week after your surgery. Have someone close to you around to take you home after the operation and take care of you at least for a day post-surgery.
Cosmetic Surgery comes out with best results when a patient follows all post-operation advice and routines as told by the surgeon. We are providing you with all the details that you need to take care of post your operation:
- First 24 hours are for complete bed rest. Move as little as possible. DO NOT exercise or lift heavy weights. Slow walking is fine.
- DO NOT consume alcohol whenever you are taking your post-surgery medications.
- Strictly follow your daily medication routine as directed by your surgeon. Don’t be empty stomach while taking medicines.
- Use Hydrogen Peroxide to clean your incisions. You can start having your daily shower a couple of days after your surgery, but DO NOT jump into a swimming pool or bath tub.
- IMMEDIATELY CALL YOUR DOCTOR if you experience severe pain, increased swelling, heavy bright-red bleeding, double vision, difficulty in breathing, high fever, and discoloration at incision site.
- Once your scars heal, apply SPF30 sunscreen.
Always remember it is your FACE and BODY after all and no one can take better care of it than you yourself. Follow these pre-surgery and post-surgery tips without fail, do as the doctor tells, take your medicines timely, and GET the body you desire. HAPPY SURGERY, HAPPY RECOVERY!