Unwanted body hair has long been the cause of low self-esteem in many people, especially the females. But, not anymore. With the advent of laser hair removal, this age old problem has been taken care of in an impeccable manner. Today, women need not go to a salon for a Brazilian wax every fortnight, nor do men with an abundant chest hair need to shy away from showing off their lean bodies.
But, as is the case with any cosmetic procedure, you will need to take steps towards maintaining the health of your skin post the laser hair removal. We have consolidated a small list of tips to help you in this regard.
- For a span of 48 hours, post your hair removal treatment, make sure that you do not take a hot bath. You must also stay away from steam rooms and sauna during this time. Your skin will need some time to settle and exposing it to heat wouldn’t help.
- In case of any redness or pain, it is advisable to apply an ice-pack on the treated skin.
- After facial hair removal, you must avoid using makeup for at least 1-2 days. If necessary, opt for mineral based make-up only.
- After underarm’s hair removal treatment, It is recommended not to use deodorants for 24 – 48 Hours because it may cause discomfort.
- Skin exposed to laser is often sensitive, and is prone to darkening. It is for this reason that you must always put sunscreen before going out in direct sunlight, especially if you are dark skinned. Ideally a sunscreen with SPF 20 or upwards should be used.
- If there is need, a post-care calming cream can be used, especially if your skin is very sensitive. You may ask your doctor to prescribe you one.
- In case of facial hair removal, it is best that you stay away from topical medications and/or anti-acne creams for at least a week or two.
- Avoid sport activities and extensive exercise in order to avoid sweating and heating up your body because it may cause irritation on treated area.
Now that you’re aware of post laser hair removal skin care, you should go ahead and look for the best facility offering laser hair removal. And before you finalise on an option, it is best that you compare laser hair removal cost and opt for the clinic that offers you better value for your money!