Cosmetic Surgery Types and Their Risks
Highly different from a plastic surgery in terms of the procedures and purpose, cosmetic surgery in India is getting popular day by day. It is now not surprising to see someone opt for a certain type of cosmetic surgery to enhance their aesthetic appeal. Let’s take a look at a few of the newest types of cosmetic surgery that promise a beautiful you:
- Abdominoplasty, where in excess skin and fat is removed from the abdominal area.
- Body contouring, usually done after major weight loss to tighten the loose skin.
- Breast augmentation or enlargement, which involves implantation to increase breast size.
- Facelifts to uplift or tighten the facial skin.
- Facial implants, which involves balancing and enhancing the facial muscles.
- Hair transplantation wherein hair is moved from one place to another for a fuller look on the mane.
- Liposuction, wherein fatty deposits are removed using a special vacuum technique.
- Mammoplasty, which involves reducing the breast size.
- Mastopexy, which involves uplifting the drooping appearance of a breast.
- Rhinoplasty, wherein a nose is reshaped, reduced or increased in size.
Risks of Cosmetic Surgery
An important aspect of medical risk management is to reduce the dangers associated with any form of surgery, and cosmetic surgery is no different. Despite thorough diagnosis and medical counselling of the patient, there are numerous things that must be weighed before opting for any type of cosmetic surgery. To let you have a better understanding, here are few risk factors associated with cosmetic surgery:
- Scarring or skin breakdown
- Improper and uneven healing that leaves the area disproportionate
- Anaesthesia related complications like blood clotting
- Under skin fluid build-up that may cause prolonged swelling
- Mild bleeding
- Nerve damage that causes numbness or tingling
An effective method to improve one’s personality, cosmetic surgery is safe when performed by skilled and experienced surgeon. Look for the best cosmetic surgery clinic and consult in-depth to know if you really need one.